Over the years we’ve hosted many amazing glamping hen parties – from hens wanting a festival vibe to lovers of all things vintage sporting glam 50s outfits to groups wanting an action-packed adventure weekend. We are ideally located in the Wye Valley in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with stunning sunset views west to the Brecon Beacons. Take over the whole glampsite for a magical glamping hen weekend at Mad Dogs & Vintage Vans. We are here to help you plan and prepare your hen party weekend and in the words of Montell Jordan ‘This Is How You Do It’ Sacha & Jo style…
1. Vans are ready and waiting for you to arrive.
Our gorgeous vintage vans will be ready and waiting, beds made, fresh flowers and prosecco glasses at the ready. Included in your hen party weekend is a complimentary cream tea served on vintage crockery with freshly baked scones and homemade jam. Read more about our ‘Girls’
2. Make your Hen weekend more adventurous
We recommend you take advantage of everything the Wye Valley has to offer and book yourself an outdoor adventure. Choose from the following:
- Canoeing the River Wye. The pretty market town of nearby Ross-on-Wye marks the start of the stunning Lower Wye Valley stretch. Hire Canadian canoes and get paddling. Canoes take up to 3 and you can set off with or without a guide. Makes for a great half day activity. From £55 for a 3 man canoe self guided.
- Gorge Walking. For those wanting more of an adrenaline rush how does scrambling up gorges and behind waterfalls, then jumping off ledges into deep pools sound? Makes for some wild fun and can be combined with canoeing if you want a gorge & paddle full day guided adventure. From £68 per person minimum 12. Discounts on large groups.
- Mountain biking. The ancient Forest of Dean was said to inspire Tolkein and the sheer scale of the place means there’s some great off-road biking to be enjoyed. You have the option of hiring a guide or just following your handlebars. From £20 for half day unguided hire.
- High Ropes. For those with a head for heights head for Go Ape in the Forest of Dean. Zipwires, Tarzan swings and rope ladders. From £33 per person. You can also hire segways there by the hour.
- Tennis. There’s a tennis court at the glampsite so bring your rackets and balls and set yourself up a mini-tournament. Jug of Pimms optional!
3. Every hen needs time to chill
If you’re looking for an altogether more relaxing, chilled out weekend we’re thrilled to be able to offer the following:
- Surprise picnic walk. You and your hen party set off down a farm track to follow the River Wye as it meanders upstream towards a secluded spot on the river bank where you will find a table laden with delicious homemade tarts and healthy salads. This makes a great surprise for your bride-to-be so best to keep it hush hush.
- Glamp n Pamp. We believe this is the icing on the cake for any hen weekend. Choose from a holistic menu of indulgent nurturing treatments all offered on site in our unique lotus bell treatment room. Our fab therapist Flick offers everything from deeply relaxing hot stone massages to detoxifying facials and restorative reflexology sessions. Book your treatments in advance through us and spoil the bride-to-be. Click here to find details on Glamp ‘n Pamp
4. Fire & Feast
Part of the thrill of glamping is cooking together around a real campfire. Our campfire is located in the heart of the copse and all cast iron cookware is provided. All you have to do is toss on the sausages and halloumi or rustle up a mean chilli and get stuck in. Don’t worry about the weather – our vintage Mess Tent complete with woodburner provides a cosy atmospheric space should you need to take cover. A campfire session is a great idea for Friday night and why not get everyone to bring something along to cook.
We love to cook for our hen parties. Choose any/all of the following:
- Wild Dining: your evening starts with canapes served on the terrace of The Old Rectory after which you and your party head back down to our atmospheric candlelit Mess Tent to feast on a menu chosen by you. All our food is homemade and where possible we use ingredients from the kitchen garden. This is a one-off, unique wild dining experience that makes for the ultimate Saturday Night.
- Hangover Brunch: an option for the morning after the night before featuring dishes designed to get you back on your feet.
- One Pot Suppers: simple, warming, comfort food cooked by us so you don’t have to bother!
5. Sacha & Jo’s Top Tips:
- Stay the extra night: You and your hen party have the run of the whole site from Friday 1pm through to Monday morning. Some of your group will inevitably need to get home on Sunday but for those that can (particularly thinking bride-to-be, chief hen and her closest friends) staying Sunday night can be so rewarding. The ‘after party’ if you will!
- Online shop delivery: take the stress out of the shopping and save yourself some car space by ordering your groceries and drink delivery in advance. We are here to receive and help unpack as you require.
- Bring a portable camping chair. Whilst we do have outside seating by the vans, a portable camping chair allows you to set up together wherever the feeling takes you.
- Don’t overload the schedule: we strongly recommend you don’t put in too many activities. Allow time to just be together, talking, eating, drinking and laughing.
We only offer a select number of hen weekends per year so get in touch, we’d love to hear from you. Click here to see our availability>
Sacha & Jo x